Moon 400M Mono Power Amplifier (Pair)
Extremely powerful, yet with a delicacy and articulation of the best amplifiers out there, the 400M Power Amplifier can take on virtually any loudspeaker you connect it to. Delivering a bottom-end slam, with authority and weight to the foundation of the music, it will transport you into a live concert environment. On the top end of the musical spectrum, the 400M delivers finesse, detail and refinement that can challenge your perception of reality vs. recorded music.
When used in conjunction with the 350P Preamplifier, the results are without equal. There isn’t a more refined combination at this price point. An ultimate combination for the discerning music lover, and for those who like to listen at higher sound levels.
Of course, key features you’d expect in a MOON product are present such as 12V triggers and an RS-232 port for custom-install environments.
- Fully balanced differential circuitry.
- Precision matched proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors for improved bass response and accurate sonic reproduction.
- An oversized power supply using a custom proprietary toroidal transformer design.
- A high damping factor yielding superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed & refined timbre accuracy.
- “Class A” output to 10 watts for greater efficiency.
- Optimised selection of very high quality electronic components.
in the box
- Power amplifier
- AC power cable
- Owner’s manual
- Output Power at 8Ω: 400 W
- Output Power at 4Ω: 650 W
- Input Sensitivity: 800mV RMS
- Input Impedance: 47,500Ω
- Gain: 36dB
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 106dB @ full power
- Frequency response (full range): 10Hz - 125kHz +0/-3dB
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 1 W): 0.02%
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 400 W): 0.05%
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.02%
- Shipping weight: 33 lb / 15 kg
- Dimensions in inches: Width 16.9", Height 3.5", Depth 14.0"
- Dimensions in cm: Width 42.9cm, Height 8.9cm, Depth 35.6cm